What Are Helical Piles?
Helical Piles Foundation Systems are designed, tested, and proven for applications in areas with unstable soils
Helical Plates are welded to a steel casings. The Helical Piles are then mechanically rotated into the soil using hydraulic presure. and are then attached to the building foundation.
Homes built in beach areas on Long island and New Jersey are perfect locations for helical pile applications.
How Are Helical Piles Installed?
Helical piles are installed with a Hydraulic drill motor attached to an excavator and are screwed into the ground to varying depths. Depths will range from ten to sixty feet, depending on the load requirements. Using precise hydraulic gauges, every Helical Pier is installed to an engineer’s designated specifications for the structure.
Helical Piles and Helical Piers are The Same Product
Helical piles and helical piers are two terms that refer to the same product. These terms are commonly used and both refer to the exact same product.
Helical Piles are used to secure residential and commercial buildings, retaining walls and other deep foundation applications, and on new construction as well as repair and renovation work. Helical Piles are an affordable solution for foundation repair where soil conditions require deep piles to be installed. There are several advantages for using helical piers.
Advantages of Helical Piles
1. They can be used on new construction projects, and will soon become mandatory in flood prone areas. They are perfect for new construction and any projects built on unstable soil. , contractors install helical piers under the existing foundation Rather than removing the existing foundation this not only save time but will save the homeowner money. This is both cost effective and environmentally friendly.
2. Helical piles can be installed in small areas we have portable equipment that can be used in very small spaces. Compared to other pile and pier methods another advantage to helical piles is that in most cases no concrete is used, therefore the next phase of construction can begin immediately
3. Helical piers have changed the way foundations are designed and built. Helical steel piers can be installed in place of conventional driven wood, steel, auger cast, and caissons. These piers are faster and install with a minimal amount of landscaping damage. A hydraulic auger mounted on a skid steer or mini-excavator is used to screw in the helical pile thru the soil as torque is monitored to achieve required load capacities.
4. This environmentally friendly system provides a clean and quick installation procedure to keep projects on schedule. A steel plate is fastened on top of the pile and encased into the new concrete foundation. The pile can be loaded immediately.
5. Unlimited uses for helical piles: Home extensions, underpinning existing foundation, concrete footings, foundations, and retaining walls. As well as Concrete slabs, decks piers, generator pads, commercial projects, and reinforce existing foundation for second story additions.
Check with a structural engineer or local foundation repair service provider, such as High Rise Industries to see what foundation recovery solution will correct your distressed foundation